- Do you foresee any unique challenges with this project? Foreseeing challenges before they become problematic and including workable solutions into the process sets apart the best consultants from the average ones. Look for a firm that acknowledges the unique challenges of your project.
- Is my input welcome during the development process? Because you know your system better than anyone, it is essential to identify incorrect information and address the issues early. The result is a better design and smoother construction process.
- What are your response times to my emails and phone calls? Response times between projects and phases differ, so be sure to clarify your expectations. If you expect fast responses, reach an agreement with the engineer prior to hiring them.
- How often should I expect communication from you? The frequency of regular feedback on your project’s progress will vary but should include weekly or monthly updates, timelines, milestones, and budget.
- What do you bring to the table that other engineers don’t? Many engineering firms can provide the services you need, so it is important to look for characteristics that distinguish them from others.
Selecting the best civil engineering consultant facilitates open communication throughout the project while soliciting your input on each step.
Let Us Help
For more details on questions to ask when hiring a civil engineering consultant, contact one of the skilled experts at Atterbury & Associates today at 707-433-0134. Like us on Facebook, find us on Google+, and subscribe to our blog.